Friday 18 March 2016

A tip on becoming powerful beyond measure!

I took parts of a piece that Marianne Williamson wrote and what some people might remember from the film 'Coach Carter':
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? ......... Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. ........... It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.


I always found the idea that I am powerful beyond measure a scary thought. To me it meant I was underperforming continuously and I could not see how I could reach that limitless potential. How are we meant to know what we can achieve if we don't know in advance what it is we can actually do.

The answer is really simple. So simple it took me ages to figure it out. It's about just being me. To the best of my ability. And about being more in the present. To live in the NOW. To yearn to grow constantly. To contribute more.

All simple things. All equally powerful. All allowing me to shine brighter.

Running wise I got over my back to back pretty well and did 4 miles Monday, 10K Tuesday, 7.2 miles Wednesday and 8.35 miles yesterday. I'm planning on 7, 10 & 13 miles for the 3 days of the weekend. Shining brightly. :)

Work wise I wrote my new mission statement to kick start the re-branding exercise and am launching a good few things in April plus have a good few speaking engagements for April too. Shining brightly. :)

What can you do next to start shining brightly????

Have a wonderful day.

Miles with Smiles,

Patte xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment