Monday 21 March 2016

It's mental I tell ya, mental!

'That's mental', was the response when I got introduced to someone last week with the words 'He's doing 20 to 25 Marathons this year to get past the 50 Marathon mark before he turns 51.'

There was a time not to long ago that I used to go mental on the inside when people responded that way to something I know they could do too if they loved doing it and found joy in it.

I know and firmly believe that everyone has their own thing they could do equivalent to 25 Marathons a year. Be it in sports, arts, medicine, business, charity work or whatever field they want to.

And I know that often the only thing stopping them is a lack of self belief. The doubts are stronger than the belief and it is easier to settle and not to try.

So yes, I agree. It's mental!!

Exercising your mind and taking care of your mental health is as essential as physical training or taking care of your body.

Right, I'm off. I'm going Mental. Are you coming with me??



Miles with Smiles,

Patte xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment