Friday 6 February 2015

All quiet on the Mid-Western Front.


I didn't go running yesterday, that was only the second time in 2 weeks. The reason was that I was attending a BNI (Business Network International) Networking meeting at 6.30am and a book launch by fellow adopted Limerick man Colm O'Brien from Carambola Kidz at 6.30pm. Just a by the way but if you are in business or thinking about starting one, get his book. It's out now and called 'Feeding Johnny', excellent read. It is real, talks about failure and success and there is loads of tips in it written by an Irish Entrepreneur who has known both sides of the coin and is a big investor in the communities he operates in. Here's a pic of it!



Anyway I took 24 hours off from running. Apart from the 12 Marathons in 12 Months in 2015 for Gorta Self Help Africa I am also trying to run 2015 miles in 2015, a challenge thrown at me by a fellow club member on a Facebook page. One day of not running means catch up. And I love catch up. So this weekend it's 10K after work tonight (6.21 miles in marathon runners lingo, we don't count kilometers), 9.15 miles tomorrow morning and somewhere around 16 Miles on Sunday. My 2nd Marathon is 3 weeks away on Saturday 28th and my 3rd only 2 weeks after that in Tralee on March 15th.

So all's been relatively quiet here apart from my blogs. That, just like the film's storyline, is about to change. In the coming weeks I will be announcing events and ways for you to help me in a very real sense. I need to raise €12,000 this year and am willing to do what it takes to get there. Are you willing to help? If you nodded yes to that keep an eye on my blog every Monday and Friday.

In the mean time feel free to share this blog, comment on it and donate €12 (€1 for every Marathon) or whatever amount you can or want to on http://www.mycharity.ie/event/patrick_mercies_12marathonsin12monthsin2015

Have a great weekend, I'll be running miles with smiles and you???? Talk to you Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment