Friday 27 February 2015

If it's Friday, this must be ........

It's been one of those weeks where I caught up with the speed of light, passed it and left it behind. It dawned on me this afternoon that it was Friday and I have my 2nd Marathon in about 18 hours.

That's the other side of the challenge medal, time! I am self employed and trying to establish a business, running the 12 marathons, learning Spanish, writing a book, supposedly doing a theory exam on March 11th and engaging in another 3 projects I'm keeping under wraps for the moment. I am conscious of making time for all of these. Sometimes the week just flies by. Like this week.

Every minute of it was enjoyable, yet I had no time for most projects. And so Friday comes all of a sudden. It's 3.50pm now and I need to go in relaxed mode for the night in preparation of Marathon number 2 of the 12 in 12 months in 2015 for Gorta Self Help Africa.

Superb news is I get to meet all of my MCI (Marathon Club Ireland) buddies at the Marathon. They are the most positive bunch of people imaginable and it is a privilege running marathons with them! Hopefully I receive one of these medals again in 24 hours!



Monday I will tell you all about Marathon number 2, how it is only 2 weeks to number 3 and about the coffee morning next Thursday the 5th of March between 10am and noon in the George Boutique Hotel. Keep it in your diaries.

Running miles with Smiles!!! Any donations welcome at http://www.mycharity.ie/event/patrick_mercies_12marathonsin12monthsin2015

No comments:

Post a Comment