Sunday 15 February 2015

And we're off (again)!! Who is your money on?

After the shin injury started healing I managed to stop myself from running Friday evening and Saturday morning. To a lot of people I know, taking short breaks from sport is easy. To me it is not. I think that's because running is not just a sport for me, it's an integral part of my way of living now.

So what if I was laid off for a while with an injury? What would I do to keep this momentum I have built up, going? I thought about what other stuff I enjoy and now have a number of things planned in case of injury lay offs. They include rest & recovery strategies, swimming, weights, cycling etc... depending on the injury. I always do this with my clients too, removing the obstacles before they occur. That way if an obstacle appears there is no frustration and there is an action plan.

So that's another good thing that came from my injury on top of the event in the George Boutique Hotel on Thursday morning March 5th. I am creating a Facebook Event page on this today or tomorrow and will share it here on Friday as well as all of the packages that will be available that day. If you too want to meet a genuine world class running star keep your diary open for that Thursday morning March 5th.

On the running front I did 2 tests to check on the healing process; a 7.2 mile run Saturday evening and an 11.93 mile run on Sunday. Both were passed with flying colours and though they were intended as slow runs the Sunday one was sub 9 minute miles.



That means we are off again and normal running schedules can be resumed. My next and 2nd Marathon is in 12 days in Limerick at UL. It is another Marathon Club Ireland Marathon which means I get to see a lot of my running buddies back from all over the country. :)

My money is on me succeeding in these 12 Marathons in 12 Months this year. (With a bit of luck and gentle persuasion I might even be tempted to do .........) What about you, what is your money on??? Donations are welcome on http://www.mycharity.ie/event/patrick_mercies_12marathonsin12monthsin2015

No comments:

Post a Comment