Monday 10 August 2015

2016 has been decided, now for the journey!

It is safe to say that at this stage of the year a lot of people are still in holiday mood. It's August after all. Time to relax and unwind, plan weekends in Ballyheigue, Courtmacsherry, Tramore or Kilkee. Head to Lanzarote for 2 weeks. Kayak on the Gorges de l'Aveyron.

So what's with that title Patrick? 2016? That's ages away.

I like the peace of mind and joy that come with purpose, focus, structure, and making decisions. I find all of those things in running. I get joy and peace of mind from the physical exercise combined with mental relaxation. I have purpose behind my running with the energy, calmness and clarity it gives me for the other things in my life. Purpose through charitable running. Etcetera....

So if it works for running.......it must work for the other things I love doing. So I have spent some time over the weekend making decisions for 2016 based on my values and purpose. Decisions around running, business and personal life. There are loads of things I want to do so I need focus and structure.

One weekend and it's all done! Now it's up to me to make the journey really enjoyable. After all I only picked things I love and enjoy doing. So it should be great fun! And the prize when I turn these decisions into reality? Joy and Peace of Mind through Purpose! There is no greater prize for me.


I will unveil  a number of these decisions in this blog while other decisions are for the ears of just a few key people as I like to make myself accountable to others, it helps with the Focus!!

So here for all of you to know are my running decisions for 2016:
1- Get to 50 Marathons by end 2016 (Counter stands at 27 right now).
2- Run a Back 2 Back. (That's 2 marathons in 2 consecutive days).
3- Run my first Ultra's (These are races that are longer than Marathons)

Sounds like great fun to me!!

As mentioned I have learned an awful lot of life lessons from running and so I have made personal and business decisions using the same principles. That means loads more to come.

In the mean time my next Marathon on the 12 Marathons in 12 Months challenge for Gorta Self Help Africa takes place in Craughwell, Co. Galway on August 29th. In 19 days. It will be number 11!

You can donate for the Challenge on http://www.mycharity.ie/event/patrick_mercies_12marathonsin12monthsin2015

No comments:

Post a Comment