Friday 28 August 2015

Number 11 tomorrow + a simple formula for achievement!

I have 2 trips lined up this weekend. The first one on Saturday morning is a 1 hour trip to Craughwell, Co. Galway. At 9am Craughwell AC and Marathon Club Ireland (remember, the club of all clubs!! :) ) are holding a Full and Half Marathon. I am so looking forward to meeting some of my running buddies again. My last race seems like an eternity ago. Courtmacsherry was 5 weeks back.

I always had Craughwell pencilled in as my August Marathon for the 12 Marathons in 12 Months challenge for Gorta Self Help Africa. In line with 1 marathon per month expectations this should be Marathon number 8 for 2015. In fact it will be number 11 (eleven). And my third in Co. Galway!!

2 years ago I had what I thought to be a mad idea to run 12 Marathons in 12 Months. That was early 2013. The most Marathons I had run in 1 year was 2! My total Marathon count stood at 6.

But somehow I believed this was possible. Those 6 Marathons had given me the belief I could do this. And I loved running (even more now). And I was doing it for a Charity. So I told a lot of people I was doing this from mid 2013. There's a formula in there somewhere!

Belief + Passion (Love) + Purpose + Accountability = Marathon 11 in 8 months tomorrow!

 
Belief as a starting point!

2013 was 4, 2014 7, 2015 ??

I have another mad plan. For 2018. I believe I can do it. The Passion is there. I will find a purpose to align to it and when I have then I will tell you all.

For now I ask you 2 things:
1- What do you deep down believe you want to/can do? What would you love to do? Believe, Take Action, align to a Purpose and make your self accountable! Enjoy!!!
2- Can you please spread this link to donate for the Gorta Self Help Africa Challenge: http://www.mycharity.ie/event/patrick_mercies_12marathonsin12monthsin2015

Oh and the second trip is at 6.20am on Sunday from Shannon to Nice on the Cote D'Azur for a 2 week travel fix/book reading extravaganza/summer training camp/French Food trip! I'll be blogging from a Café with Croissants, Salade Nicoise, Socca (a Nice speciality, chickpea flatbread) and 1 or 2 Kronenbourg! A la Prochaine mes amis, j'espere que vous passez un bon weekend!!!!

 
Nice Port Area on Cote D'Azur

No comments:

Post a Comment