Monday 25 May 2015

That's how winning is done!!

'The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.' Muhammad Ali.

It's nearly time to dance under the lights. The crux of the 12 marathons in 12 months challenge is near! 5 Marathons in 8 weeks from next Monday the 1st of June at 9 am on 'Pana' in Cork City.

Then every 2 weeks it is the turn of Portumna, Waterford, Portarlington and Courtmacsherry.

To get there I will go through the 800, 900, 1000 and 1100 miles running marks for 2015 before the end of July. My top running year was 2014 with 1188 miles. Now I will go through that by end July/Early August. This morning it is 20 weeks since I had a sip of alcohol. I have been going to bed at 10.30/11 pm most every night and I have changed aspects of my nutrition. I have trained on average 5 to 6 times a week, totalling 15 hours every week. This weekend saw a drop in mileage as the 5 races are coming nearer. Friday 7.2 miles, Saturday 9.5, Sunday 9.5!


That's how winning and achieving is done. Relentlessly, persistently, constantly striving to move forward and doing it to the best of your personal ability. Forsaking what others take for granted to achieve what you know you have inside you. It's lonely sometimes away from the lights but when the WHY is big enough you are never truly alone.

5 more glorious runs this week away from the spotlights and then next Monday I get to dance, in one of my favourite spots in Ireland, Cork City! How bad bhoy!!!

Please donate for the charity Gorta Self Help Africa at http://www.mycharity.ie/event/patrick_mercies_12marathonsin12monthsin2015 




No comments:

Post a Comment